We have a few ideas that might inspire you! Whether you are traveling for the first time in an RV or you're seasoned pros, sometimes you need a little help deciding where to go. We've compiled a list of the top 5 KOA locations to visit in the country. They span from coast to coast, so no matter where you live or plan on visiting, we've got you covered!
Read on to find out where your next great adventure awaits you!
1. Port Huron KOA(Michigan) Just one hour from Detroit, thePort Huron KOAhas go carts, batting cages, train rides and bike rentals. Even better, there’s an ice cream parlor and a “Western Complex” with an old-time general store and a sheriff’s office. There’s even an 88-seat Opera House for nightly movies.
2. Herkimer Diamond KOA(New York) You’ll find a collection of science-themed cabins atHerkimer Diamond KOAin Upstate New York, like The Sky Catcher, an astronomy-themed cabin with its own observatory and high-powered telescope. Kids can also prospect for diamonds (quartz crystals) at the Herkimer Diamond Mines.
3. Ventura Ranch KOA(California) Just an hour outsideLos Angeles, kids will love splashing in the pool atVentura Ranch KOA, which sits at the foot of Ventura County’s tallest mountain, Topa Topa. Take a nature walk, fly down a zip-line or race up the rock climbing tower. Even better, reserve one of several Sioux Indian-style tee-pees.
4. Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA(Iowa) You may be in Iowa, but you may not know it from the looks of the island-themedWaterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA, which is located adjacent to Lost Island Waterpark. Kids will also love the nine-hole disc golf course, as well as on-site paddle boat and kayak rentals.
5. Carlsbad KOA(New Mexico) Look for Friday evening campfires, nightly BBQ dinners, scavenger hunts and a brand new playground at theCarlsbad KOAin Southeast New Mexico. As a bonus, the campground is just minutes away from Living Desert Zoo and Gardens State Park, as well asCarlsbad Caverns National Park.
We can't wait to start our summer of RV adventures! We are looking forward to trying out some new places filled with sites to see, foods to eat and outdoor activities to be had. Where will your summer travel plans take you?
Are you a KOA Value Kard Rewards member yet? Lucky for you, we have a special promotion going on where the first 1,000 people who purchase a bundle, will get sent a code to redeem your FREE KOA year-long membership! So, what are your waiting for? Start your adventure TODAY!!
Pace International is an authorized retailer of DISH Network L.L.C. DISH, DISH Network and DISH Network logos are trademarks, registered trademarks and/or service marks of DISH Network L.L.C. and/or its affiliate(s). The DISH Network trademarks, registered trademarks and/or service marks are used under license of DISH Network L.L.C. and/or its affiliate(s).
All prices are in USD Copyright 2020 DISH For My RV. Powered by Pace International.