With Halloween just around the corner, everyone is finishing their last-minute costume ideas and making sure that they are ready for the loads of fun their kids are about to have trick or treating. we know that there are a lot families who like to use Halloween as another fun camping party! We’re here to share some great tips to make your Halloween Camping Party the best party yet! From food to activities to keepING the kids entertained, we’ve got you covered.
1. DISH Tailgater- What would a Halloween Party be without some SCARY movies? The Tailgater Bundle from DISHForMyRv.com brings your favorite scary movies and TV shows to your outdoor party as easy at 1-2-3 AND with DISH’s great deal going on now, you can get some great movie channels for FREE for 3 months when you sign up! Click here to learn how!
2. Still trying to find that perfect Halloween Costume? Drawing inspiration from this season’s hot TV shows, DISH has compiled a list of Halloween costumes that will knock your friends’ socks off. And they are pretty easy to do too!
3. Round everyone up around the campfire, get your flashlights out and tell the stories that will keep the kids talking for years. Click Here for some kid friendly scary stories!
4. Kid’s love science experiments, but they love them more when they can eat them! Check out this awesome edible magic potion that not only looks cool, but tastes even better!
5. A Halloween Camping Party just wouldn’t be right without a campfire. But what would be even better is using the witch’s idea of a campfire to help create an even spookier fire! We’ve found a great place to learn just how to do that! Click here to learn how!
6. And what Halloween party is complete without some FOOD? Click Here for some great ideas on how you can make your Halloween food look scary but delicious! From hot dog mummies to spider eggs, there are some pretty interesting versions of your favorite foods!
7. A great way to keep the kids from getting too scared are having a ton of Glow Sticks around. You can use them for fun decorations (like the ghosts above) or just have the kids carry them around! They are a great addition to the safety of trick or treating too.
8. You can’t have a party without music and we have the perfect way for you to project great sound at your party! Check out this Rocketfish™ – Indoor/Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker that is compatible with most phones, tablets and even computers! Built tough for the outdoors.
9. We know that kids love to be entertained. Create some fun games ahead of time that are sure to keep them busy. How about a game of glow in the dark twister? Or better yet use those glow sticks/necklaces for a game of glow in the dark ring toss! There are a lot of great ideas out there! Click here for more…
10. And last but not least…the treats! Although candy is a very traditional “treat” for people to hand out you can always find some other great ideas for treats. There are healthier options as well as some great baked good ideas like candy corn cookies, witch finger cookies and more! Click here for some great ideas!
Check out our Pinterest board with more great ideas for your Spooktacular Halloween Camping Party!
DISH Customers save BIG when they get DISH at home and on-the-go! Add another receiver to your existing account for only $7 a month and get the same programming you do at home, anywhere you travel.
Do you already have DISH at home but want to add DISH Pay-As-You-Go?
Simply order a mobile receiver from us and once you receive your equipment, call 1-800-333-DISH to activate an additional receiver on your account.
Do you want DISH at home AND on-the-go?
DISH offers all of the best programming for the best price! Combine home service with Pay-As-You-Go service and SAVE! Take some time to look through the programming line ups to find the package that suits your needs.You must activate your home service prior to adding Pay-As-You-Go so be sure to call and order home service first. In the meantime, you can place your order for an additional mobile receiver from us. In addition to the best base programming packages, DISH also offers a wide range of premium, á la cart, pay-per-view, and HD programming.* You’ll pay for your home subscription and in addition, you will pay just $7 more (per month) for the months you want it on-the-go. Right now you can get promotional prices on programming for as low as $19.99 per month! DISH is also offering FREE Premium Channels for 3 months (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, Blockbuster @home. Offer subject to change based on premium channel availability), FREE Installation in up to 6 rooms and FREE HD for 24 months. (All offers require 24-month commitment and credit qualification) Click Here for more information on DISH For Your Home
Do you just want Dish On-The-Go?
DISH is the first and only provider to offer Pay-As-You-Go TV for RV owners, tailgaters, truckers, campers, and outdoor enthusiasts. Just select your equipment, make your purchase, then activate with the programming you selected.
With DISH Pay-As-You-Go, pay only for the months of service you use. With this program, you can get over 60 top channels starting at just $44.99 a month. All Pay-As-You-Go packages are billed in advance on a month-to-month basis in 30 day increments.
Important Terms and Conditions: Promotional Offers: Require activation of new qualifying DISH service. All prices, fees, charges, packages, programming, features, functionality and offers subject to change without notice. After 12-month promotional period, then-current everyday monthly price applies and is subject to change. ETF: If you cancel service during first 24 months, early termination fee of $20 for each month remaining applies. Activation fee may apply. Premium Channels: 3-month premium offer value is $165; after promotional period, then-current everyday monthly prices apply and are subject to change. Blockbuster @Home requires Internet to stream content. HD-only channels not available with select packages.
Hopper Features: AutoHop feature is only available with playback the next day of select primetime shows on ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC as part of PrimeTime Anytime feature. Both features are subject to availability. Installation/Equipment Requirements: Free Standard Professional Installation only. Certain equipment is leased and must be returned to DISH upon cancellation or unreturned equipment fees apply. Upfront and additional monthly fees may apply. Recording hours vary; 2000 hours based on SD programming. Equipment comparison based on equipment available from major TV providers as of 1/17/14. Watching live and recorded TV anywhere requires an Internet-connected, Sling-enabled DVR and compatible mobile device. Miscellaneous: Offers available for new and qualified former customers, and subject to terms of applicable Promotional and Residential Customer agreements. State reimbursement charges may apply. Additional restrictions and taxes may apply. Offers end 1/16/2015.
HBO®, Cinemax® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. SHOWTIME is a registered trademark of Showtime Networks Inc., a CBS Company. STARZ and related channels and service marks are property of Starz Entertainment, LLC.
Leaving home doesn’t mean you have to miss your favorite TV shows! Enjoy the same English or DishLATINO® programming packages available for DISH home services when you’re on the go. The Tailgater Portable Satellite TV Antenna is like a TV valet – it brings you live HDTV service where you want it. Connect the Tailgater to a compatible DISH® receiver and start watching TV wherever you are – in the parking lot of the big game, on a camping trip, or picnic.
With Pay-As-You-Go TV, there is no contract required, so you pay only for the months you use. When the season is over, simply stop your service without penalty.
- Customers that already have a DISH 411 or ViP 211 series receiver only need to purchase the Tailgater antenna.
- Customers that DO NOT already have a compatible receiver must purchase the Tailgater Bundle system.
- Portable, compact & lightweight-10 lbs
- Displays: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i
- Comes with built-in security bracket
- Built with weather-resistant cover
- Supports HD and SD programming
- Automatically finds satellite signal
- Mounting Options: Window Mount, Permanent Cab Mount for truck
- Dimensions: 17.5″ H x 16″ W x 16″ D
- Weight: 10 lbs.
- Color: White
- Packaging Dimensions:
20 7/8″ H x 18 3/16″ W x 18 3/16″ D
- Satellite Antennas have a 1 year Manufacturer Warranty from the date of purchase
What people are saying about the Tailgater…
Worked exactly as advertised…..use it at home, campground, in RV, neighbor’s yard, ANYWHERE, with an ACCESS to an inverter, battery, or ac connection….you will view Dish HD at its finest within 10 minutes of Southern sky satellite location……..all done automatically….!!!!
We absolutely love this product; I kick myself for not purchasing it sooner. We really wanted to be able to watch some football games at the cabin and this works perfectly. Great product, quick delivery. We couldn’t be happier with the automatic satellite locating capabilities, that will save a lot of frustration between the wife and I.
Easy setup and no more dealing with antennas hoping I can pull in a local station to view a game while tailgating. Once you’ve done the initial setup and registered everything it becomes plug and play. Excellent reception, doesn’t drop signal. I’ve never set up a more traditional portable dish and have no reason to consider it. No aiming…nothing. Plug it in, set it and forget it! I love tailgating in the fall!!!!!!!
If you’re thinking, “Ok, cool! How do I power the Tailgater?” We’ve got you covered…
- Harness your vehicle’s battery to efficiently power office equipment on the road
- Continuously supplies up to 150 watts of 120V AC power to a single AC outlet from any 12V battery or automotive DC source
- Convenient cigarette lighter DC input jack with 3-ft. cable provides 1-step installation
- Alarm sounds as voltage drops to 10.5V and auto-shutdown occurs at 10V
- Ideal for laptops, portable electronics, battery chargers for cell phones, pagers, notepads, game systems, personal printers and battery rechargers for small battery operated power tools, portable TV/audio systems, camcorders, low power lights, camping accessories and other low-power applications under 150 watts
- 1 AC outlet
- DC input operating range: 10-15VDC
- Voltage compatibility: Compatible with 12VDC automotive systems
- Frequency compatibility: 60 Hz
- Output watt capacity (watts): 150W (continuous)/300W (peak)
- Output nominal voltage: 120V
- Maximum input amps / watts: Full continuous load – 14A at 12VDC, No load – 0.4A at 12VDC
- Input cord length: 3 ft. hardwire input cable, 16 gauge, 2 wire
- Unit Dimensions: (HWD/in): 1.75 x 3.75 x 5.75
And lastly, you don’t want your Tailgater walking away, right?
The patented adjustable locking mechanism holds the cable tight at any position for a perfect fit. The cable ends on the tailgater cable lock thread through places other cables cannot. It’s also rust resistant and vinyl coated for superior weather and scratch resistance. BUY NOW
This Tailgater Security Alarm provides an audible alarm to indicate when your Tailgater antenna is disconnected. Located inside your RV, the alarm system connects between your DISH receiver and Tailgater antenna via coaxial cable. Includes A/C power supply. For use with Tailgater only. BUY NOW
If you love college sports then you’ll love this deal! Buy a DISH ViP® 211z Receiver from DISH For My RV and get a FREE Collegiate Flag of your choice.
These are the only mobile approved receivers from DISH. They’re great for small spaces and made for traveling in bumpy environments.
Flag supplies are LIMITED! • CLICK HERE TO GET YOURS!
Available SEC, PAC-12 & Longhorn Network College Teams:
University of Alabama • University of Arkansas • Auburn University • University of Florida University of Georgia • University of Kentucky • Louisiana State University • University of Mississippi • Mississippi State University • University of Missouri • University of South Carolina • University of Tennessee-Knoxville • Texas A&M University • Arizona State University University of Arizona • University of California, Berkeley • University of Colorado Boulder • University of Oregon • Oregon State University • Stanford University • University of California, Los Angeles • University of Southern California • University of Utah • University of Washington • Washington State University • Texas Longhorns • Vanderbuilt